Don’t Get Near Me
Geez, what a crappy week it's been. I've been sick as a dog, and am just now coming out of it. Went to the local Hollywood Video last night, which was my first time out of the house in like a week, heheh. I've been living on NyQuil (not that there's anything wrong with that), but have still been sleeping like crap. Ah, well. At least I can find things to do when I can't sleep. Like write something here, what a thought.
Oh, what DVD's did i rent? Well, I got a crapload to last me the rest of my sickness days. Let's see:
- Christmas With the Kranks-Oh. My. God. Don't rent or watch this, whatever you do!!! You'll do yourself irrepairable harm, not to mention the shock you'll undergo if you used to think Jamie Lee Curtis was hot. I think I'll have to go rent True Lies now, just to repress the memory. Besides all that, the movie just plain isn't funny. It's lame, predictable and just dumb. Rent Christmas Vacation instead. Please. SCORE: 1 out of 10.
- Polar Express-Obligatory Christmas family fare. Actually, it was better than I expected, although having Tom Hanks play almost EVERY part seemed kind of pointless. Plus, he made a crappy Santa. SCORE: 6 out of 10.
- War of the Worlds-Obligatory opposite-of-Christmas flick, to cleanse the palette, so to speak. This is the only film I'd seen in the theater, but the family hadn't. I actually really liked this movie a lot, despite the Spielberg cliches. SCORE: 8 out of 10.
- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy-Wow, what a pleasant surprise. I LOVED this! I don't care what the naysayers said, I thought it was a visual feast, and I laughed my face off. Especially at the "Really Deleted Scenes" on the DVD. Score: 9 out of 10.
- Fantastic Four-Haven't watched it, yet.
- March of the Penguins-Um, no. Personally, I won't be watching it. It's for the daughter to watch while the adults go out for Thai one night before due date.
Heh, sorry, I didn't know this was gonna turn into Steve's Holiday DVD Guide. For all two of you who read this, I hope you found it helpful.
Have a great week before Christmas. :)